Like all other financial products, insurance has a wide classification in Bangladesh.
Basically, insurance can be classified in various ways in Bangladesh.
Nature of risks:
- Life insurance and
- General (non-life) insurance.
- Composite insurance
- Takaful Insurance
- Traditional Insurance
- Takaful Window Insurance
- Insurance company
- Reinsurance company
- Coinsurance company
- Health Insurance
- Agriculture Insurance
Classification of life insurance products:
- Whole life
Types of whole life insurance policies:
- Term whole life insurance
- Whole life insurance
Types of endowment life policy:
- Nonprofit endowment life insurance
- With profits endowment life insurance
- Full endowment life insurance
- Low-cost endowment life insurance
- Unit-linked endowment life insurance
This is a draft post,
It has to be edited and fact-checked by Abdul Kadir ACII.
Mr. Abdul has been in insurance sector of Bangladesh for a decade. He is an Associate Member (ACII) of Chartered Insurance Institute of London.